A model release, known in similar contexts as a liability waiver, is a legal release typically signed by the subject of a photograph granting permission to publish the photograph in one form or another.
Let's pretend like you're in the process of building a portfolio. You have worked really hard in setting up the shoot, did the session, edited all your images, your so excited to share this on your website and fan page. Then your client emails you and tells you that they do not want their images posted anyone online. You just did all that hard work and can't show them to anyone. By having your clients sign your model release form, it states that you the photographer are allowed to use the images. You might want to post them on your blog, or on your fan page, or use the images for new marketing material. Make sure you have the model release signed.
If you're shooting someone who is under the age of 18 you will need their parents consent. Let's pretend you're doing a newborn session. You did some photos of the newborn, and then some of mother and the little one. You will need TWO model release forms signed, one from mom, and one that mom will sign for her little one.
- Model Release Form
- Minor Model Release Form
To be used by photographers who want to use images of people/clients for their own business purposes, including advertising, marketing, portfolio, website/blog, Facebook, etc.
- Contains customizable provisions with directions and notes explaining your options and when you need to make a decision regarding your own business policies.
- Customize to fit your brand by adding your logo or design elements.
- Text can also be cut and pasted into your own branded templates.
- Form is downloaded in a Microsoft Word format, compatible with Microsoft Word 2003 and newer (for both PCs and Macs).
INSTRUCTIONS | HOW TO USE LEGAL FORMS
All legal forms are downloaded in a Microsoft Word format, compatible with Microsoft Word 2003 and newer (for both PCs and Macs).
- Download your file (you should have gotten an e-mail with your download link).
- If file is zipped then unzip it.
- Personalize and customize in Microsoft Word.